War in Ukraine: Our support for those affected
It is with horror and sadness that we watch the situation in Ukraine escalate and we condemn the Russian invasion in Ukraine.
Our hearts and minds are with all those affected. From our headquarters in Brno, Czech Republic, the reverberations of the conflict are felt deeply and personally across our community.
Our priority is first and foremost to consider those impacted by such acts and how, as an organization, we can provide help and support to those affected. This starts with helping all people, no matter their location or nationality.
Actions speak louder than words and we need to act fast. We also understand that we need to act in coordination with others, with our community and in partnership with other organizations, to make sure we distribute help where it is needed most.
We know this is only the beginning and we know that there is so much more we can do individually and as a business, but for those that want to know here are the first steps we are taking.
- We have volunteered our office space in Brno (our HQ) to be used as a school for children displaced by the conflict
- Kiwi.com is matching our employees’ donations to charities helping those affected
- Kiwi.com drivers are evacuating people from the Ukraine borders
- Providing immediate refunds for our customers who had flights into or out of Ukraine prior to any airline refund being received
- Providing our colleagues and partners with support including finances, transportation and accommodation
We will keep this content updated as the situation evolves.
Our thoughts are with everyone affected.
From the Kiwi.com team.