Market Recovery Update: 18 June – 2 July 2020
In order to support the travel industry recovery after the pandemic, Kiwi.com introduces Market Recovery Updates that will be shared bi-weekly. The updates aim to provide media, businesses, and travellers with a better understanding of how travel confidence is developing.
Current Market Recovery Update includes top 5 destinations for the Czech Republic, comparison of long and short-haul flights bookings and trends of virtually interlined flights versus direct.
For the period of 18 June till 2 July 2020:
- Bookings increased by 29%;
- Average booking window (time between booking & departing) – 23 days;
- Top 5 destinations for the Czech Republic (excluding domestic travel):
- The United Kingdom,
- The United States.
- Short and medium-haul flights continue to dominate bookings:
- In today’s very restricted market we are seeing Virtual Interlining being more popular on selected routes over traditional direct flights:
- Third-party payment platform market recovery data across travel industry clients:
NOTES FOR EDITORS
Founded by Oliver Dlouhý and Jozef Képesi in 2012, Kiwi.com is an online search engine allowing users to combine transportation from non-cooperating carriers. It is powered by its proprietary algorithm (Virtual Interlining) that allows users to combine flights and ground transportation from over 800 carriers, accompanied by industry-leading Kiwi.com Guarantee. Today, the company sees more than 100 million searches every day and employs over 2,500 people worldwide. Kiwi.com ranked seventh in the 2017 Deloitte Technology Fast 500 EMEA list, becoming the highest-ever rated Czech company. Following the previous success, Kiwi.com ranked fifth in the very same program in 2018. In November 2019, the company announced a change in its vision of becoming the first Virtual Global Supercarrier and won the People’s Choice Award at Phocuswright Conference in Miami. In March 2020, Kiwi.com was selected as part of the FT1000; Europe’s fastest-growing companies, ranking first among companies from the Czech Republic.
Head of Global Communications, Kiwi.com